Group Executive Committee
The role of the Group Executive Committee is to support the Group Scout Leader and Section Leaders by making decisions and carrying out administrative tasks to ensure that the best quality Scouting can be delivered to young people in the Group.
Members of the Executive Committee, as charity trustees of the Scout Group, act to:
- Comply with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
- Maintain any property and equipment owned by the Group.
- Manage the Group finances.
- Provide insurance.
- Provide sufficient resources including, supporting recruitment, other adult support, and fundraising activities.
- Promote and support the development of Scouting in the local area.
- Manage and implement the Safety Policy locally.
- Ensure that a positive image of Scouting exists in the local community.
- Ensure that Young People are meaningfully involved in decision making at all levels within the Group.
If you would like to be involved in shaping Scouting in Kemsing, please contact one of the core committee members.
The Group Exec is made up of the following:
The Group Exec is supported by a number of sub-committees, formed to carry
out specific functions:
CashCom: the fundraising team.
- SoCom: the social events team.
- ComsCom: the communications team.
- HQCom: the team responsible for planning and building our new hut.
We are always looking for help in a wide range of areas and currently
have vacancies in the following positions:
Quartermaster: someone to manage and look after the Group's kit, particularly the camping equipment.
- Webmaster: someone to increase and maintain our online presence.
- Site Manager: someone to identify and oversee the works needed to keep the hut upright and functioning (or at least close to it!).
If you are interested in any of these roles and would like to know
more, please speak to the Chairman or GSL.